For the next two weekends, traveling on the Dallas North Tollway won’t be a breeze.
Partial closures begin at 9 p.m. Friday. All northbound lanes from Spring Creek Parkway to Headquarters Drive and all southbound lanes from Gaylord Parkway to Spring Creek Parkway will be completely shut down after 11 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday. The Tennyson Parkway bridge, located just south of the Sam Rayburn Tollway, has been demolished and is being reconstructed in phases. This weekend, crews will be placing beams for the new bridge. Each beam weighs 65,000 pounds.
Drivers will have to get creative and find alternate routes. By mid-2018, they will be rewarded for their patience with the addition of a fourth lane in both directions of the Dallas North Tollway.
Beam placement at Tennyson Parkway
From 9 to 11 p.m. Friday, the following lanes will be closed:
· Two northbound lanes of the Dallas North Tollway from the Spring Creek Parkway exit to the Headquarters Drive entrance ramp.
· Two southbound lanes of the Dallas North Tollway from Gaylord Parkway to the Spring Creek Parkway entrance ramp.
Lane closures this weekend on the Dallas North Tollway will begin at 9 p.m. on Friday. (North Texas Tollway Authority)
From 11 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday, the following lanes will be closed:
· All northbound lanes of the Dallas North Tollway from the Spring Creek Parkway exit to the Headquarters Drive entrance ramp.
· All southbound lanes of the Dallas North Tollway from Gaylord Parkway to the Spring Creek Parkway entrance ramp.
· The southwest- and northeast-bound Sam Rayburn Tollway direct-connector ramps to southbound Dallas North Tollway.
· The northbound Dallas North Tollway direct-connector ramps to southwest- and northeast-bound Sam Rayburn Tollway.
· The northbound entrance ramps from Windhaven Parkway and Spring Creek Parkway.
· The northbound exit ramps at Legacy Drive and Headquarters Drive.
· The southbound entrance ramps from Gaylord Parkway, State Highway 121 and Legacy Drive.
· The southbound exit ramps to Legacy Drive and Spring Creek Parkway.
Message signs and officers will be present to assists drivers in the construction zones. Tennyson Parkway over the Dallas North Tollway will be open to traffic.
Expect delays and drive with caution, a spokesperson for North Texas Tollway Authority said.